We offer part-time short courses, Certificates, Diplomas and Masters Degrees with links between them so you can progress to the higher awards.
A first degree is not essential and for some options you can 'fast track' and reduce cost by claiming credit for prior learning. Our supportive facilitators have practical as well as academic expertise to relate to your work context.
We offer programmes at the University and bespoke programmes delivered on-site in partnership with employers. See more.
Free-standing courses which can also build into a Postgraduate qualification
Part 1 (Postgraduate Certificate) + Part 2 (Diploma/Masters Degree) models
Postgraduate programmes are based on a credit pathway: Postgraduate Certificate (60-credits), Diploma (120-credits) and Masters Degree (180 credits). You can enrol for any of the target qualifications from the outset or take a ‘step-on, step-off’ route. The Postgraduate Certificate introduces key concepts and their application. As you progress to Diploma and Masters you will develop further and apply your learning to real work projects.
- Leadership and Management
- Organisational Change
- Professional Development (choose options from leadership and management, change management, personal effectiveness and learning and development)
Negotiated Work Based Learning
This is a highly learner-centred option in which you design your own postgraduate programme (Certificate, Diploma, Masters) based on your development needs and work requirements. The major focus throughout is on work projects. See more
Specialist and collaborative programmes:
- Medical Leadership
- Medical Education
- Applied Bioscience and Business Management
- Business Management with Energy and Fuels from Waste
- Advanced Social Work (delivered jointly between the Academy for Advanced Social Work Practice and CETAD)
How to claim for prior learning?