Developing emotional intelligence
- Theoretical perspectives on emotional intelligence and emotional labour
- Exploring emotional intelligence frameworks
- Examining models that measure emotional intelligence and their impact
- Identifying personal emotional intelligence competencies and development needs
- The application of emotional intelligence in the workplace: to self and to analysing and understanding others
The course is a mix of on-line flexible, facilitated learning followed by a half day attendance at a face-to-face interactive workshop. On completion of this course you will have increased your ability to perceive, understand and manage emotions; an essential quality for effective interactions and performance in the workplace. You will develop self-awareness and social awareness to support managing yourself, managing others and demonstrating effective leadership in the workplace.
QualificationsThis course carries 10 level 7 Higher Education credits. Successfully completing six courses (60 credits) leads to a Lancaster University Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development. Please note that to gain a Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Development, 20 of your credits may be at level 6. This means that one or two of the courses you select can be at level 6 with the remainder being at level 7.
AssessmentAssessments are based on applying your learning to work based activities so they are highly relevant and useful, and there are no exams!
Entry requirementsWe recognise prior learning and experience; there are no formal entry requirements and you don’t necessarily need a first degree to apply.
How to Apply?Contact CETAD on 01524 593318 or email email@example.com
Course Dates17-01-14 & 24-01-14
The course will be confirmed 4 weeks prior to the start date